Thursday, January 19, 2012

Beer Pong Table Design - Size, Bounce, and Print

So, About The Size...
As I work on this Beer Pong Table Design, I'm considering the size of the table.  The standard playable area of a beer pong table is 8 feet in length, 2 feet in width and 27.5 inches in height, but I think that the table would be better if it were a little wider to offer a bit of space for cups, beer cans, and other things like that.

Getting the Right Beer Pong Bounce
Another important concern of mine is how live the bounce needs to be on the table.  With my unique beer pong table design, I can easily control this by adjusting a dimension.  I'm planning on sending a video of the pong ball bouncing under different circumstances, and I would love to get some feedback from you on what the "perfect bounce" on a beer pong table is.

Custom Beer Pong Tables
Last, but most certainly not least, it's really starting to look like we're going to be able to allow everyone to choose whatever image they want to put on thier beer pong table, although for now the table will only come in one color - White.  I think the customized logo will be really great for fraternities and bars, giving them the chance to make the table "theirs."  I'll most likely create a few "stock" designs to choose from as well.  What kind of designs would you guys like to have?  Are there any graphic designers out there that think they may be up for the task of making a few

Final Thoughts
The beer pong table design is coming along very well, and I'm making connections with various fabricators to build a prototype to see how well it works.  I can't wait to see how well this design works, and I really think my beer pong-loving friends appreciate the careful design I have put into this table.  If you know of any metal, plastic, or wood, manufacturers don't hesitate to connect me with them on LinkedIn.  I'd love to discuss the design in a bit more detail, and talk about the opportunities I've got in mind for this.  I am also still looking for a digital printer for the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment